About Our Distinctive Austin, Texas Practice
Dr. Matthew Steinberg, DDS
Dr. Steinberg graduated in the top 10% of his dental school class and that was just the beginning of his many paths of national recognition and accomplishment. He has been awarded Distinguished Fellowships in the Academy of General Dentistry, the International College of Dentists and the American College of Dentists, a distinction that only 5% of dentists achieve. He has also been nominated three times by his peers for the honor of “Texas Dentist of the Year” awarded by the Texas Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Steinberg has been on the teaching faculty of internationally recognized Pankey Institute, the premier center for post graduate dentist education in restorative, TMJ and cosmetic procedures.
- Undergraduate Education – The University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Professional Post Graduate Education – St. Louis University School of Dentistry, Accelerated Program
- Two Year General Rotating Residency Program, US Army, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio.
Hobbies and Interests
- Enjoying Great Foods and Wine including Cooking with special interest in Nutrition and Wellness
- Still and Video Digital Photography, Tennis and Jogging
- American Dental Association, Texas Dental Association, Capital Area Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry, Texas Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- American Academy of Oral Systemic Health
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- International College of Dentists, American College of Dentists
Professional Teaching, Accomplishments and Awards
- Teaching Faculty, The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Key Biscayne, Florida / 1986-Present.
- Four Time Nominee for Texas Academy of General Dentistry, Texas Dentist of the Year / 1987, 1992, 2004, 2007
- President, Texas Academy of Dental Practice Administration / 1991-1993
- Inducted into Fellowship, Academy of General Dentistry/ 1993
- President, Texas Academy of General Dentistry/ 1994-1995
- Inducted into Fellowship, International College of Dentists, 1997 (10% of all dentists are selected)
- Inducted into Fellowship, American College of Dentists, 2000 (5% of all dentists are selected)
- Chosen to be on the Advisory Board and Key Leadership Opinion Leader / Solace LifeSciences–NuCalm 2013
- Chosen to be a Foundation Advisor for The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education / 2003-Present
- Chosen to be an Administrator for SmileSource LLC – A national organization promoting independent practice
- President and Co-Founder, The American Center for Dental Professionals, LLC – A Dental Assistant Training Program
- President and Co-Founder, Healthy Sleep Texas, LLC
- President, Opsis Advisory Consulting Group, LLC
- Clinician and Speaker, HealthySleepTexas, LLC – Dental Sleep Medicine Programs for the public and professionals
- President, Central Texas Academy of General Dentistry / 1987
- Appointed, Council on Annual Meetings and Conferences, Academy of General Dentistry/ 1994-2000
- Appointed, Council on Annual Sessions, Texas Dental Association, 2000-2005 / General Chairman 2004
- Program Chairman, American Academy of Dental Practice Administration / 2010 Annual Meeting
- First General Chairman, Texas Academy of General Dentistry Annual Conference / 1991
- General Chairman, Texas Academy of General Dentistry Annual Conference / 2002
- General Chairman, Texas Academy of General Dentistry Annual Conference / 2013
- Texas Academy of General Dentistry, Jack T. Clark Foundation for Oral Cancer Education, President Elect / 2013-2014
- Texas Dental Association Strategic Meeting Planning Task Force / 2004-2007
Comprehensive Post-Doctoral Continuing Education with a Key Focus on:
- Major Restorative and Implant Dentistry, Craniofacial Pain and TMJ Disorders, Sleep Disturbances relating to Sleep Bruxism, and Advanced Oral-Systemic Treatment Planning.
- Pursuing AGD Mastership Status – Have taken 4000+ hours of post-doctoral clinical courses
- Pursuing Diplomat Status in American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Comprehensive Continuum on Craniofacial Pain, TMD Disorders One Year Residency, University of Florida / 2007
- Sleep Medicine and Breathing Disorders Continuum, Drs. Jerald Simmons MD, James Metz, DDS 2010-2013
- Advanced Training Workshops: Sleep Disorders, Apnea, and Snoring Dysfunction, Dr. Keith Thornton
- Completed Advanced Restorative Treatment Planning Continuum, Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Texas Institute Advanced Dental Studies, 6 Month Implant-Restorative Residency Program, Drs. Spear and Kois
- Advanced Strategic Planning Residency Program and Emotional Intelligence Leadership, Dr. Robert Frazer
- Advanced Aesthetic and Restorative Continuum, Texas Academy for Esthetic Dentistry, Dr. Bill Robbins / 2003- 2007
- Dr. John Kois Continuum Series on Advanced Aesthetics, Restorative Dentistry and Occlusion, Seattle / 2006-2009
From the Wellness and Relationship Based Practice of Dr. Matthew Steinberg
OUR CORE PURPOSE – “OUR WHY WE EXIST”
In everything we do, we believe in working to create Total Wellness.
We believe our caring and holistic approach to Whole Body Health and the Mouth – Body connection is unique.
The way we approach this is by first hiring the finest clinical and administrative people who are skilled in truly listening to your needs and desires.
Our Initial Comprehensive Examination has been carefully designed to evaluate all of your Oral Systemic conditions and understand your current level of wellness.
We then partner with you in developing YOUR Preferred dental future,
You are always treated with respect and concern as a part of our healthcare family.
We just happen to also create beautiful confidence building smiles!